2020-2021 Program Schedules & Tuition
Home Base Learning Center offers three schedule options which can be combined to provide, supplement, or support most families as they seek to provide an enriching experience for their children. All Home Base Learning Center programs follow the same guiding principles, are led by the same group of highly-qualified educators and instructors, and follow the same basic yearly and daily schedule, including:
- Full academic year calendar, September 7, 2020 through June 18, 2021
- Following Milton Public School for vacations, holidays, and snow days
- Drop off 8:30-9:00am, pickup 3:00-3:30pm
- Morning snack break and community lunchtime
- Intended for children ages 5-11
|Tuition||Program & Description|
|$8,000 – full year||3-day Program | Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
Our most popular and consistent program, offering three consecutive days per week for the academic year. Children will be a part of an academic community, learning and playing together while working on projects within designed units.
|Single Day Session Schedule|
Fall: Sept 7 – Dec 18 | Winter: Jan 4 – Apr 7 | Spring: Apr 5 – June 18
|$950 per session|
$2,700 – full year
|STEAM Sessions | Thursdays|
Multi-week sessions designed to give children a deeper dive into a given topic such as art, science, or engineering. Each session is very hands-on and will culminate in a final project for kids to showcase their learning
|$850 per session|
$2,600 – full year
|Adventure Days | Fridays|
Drop-in days for families looking to give their child an opportunity to play and explore in the wilderness with other children. Activities will vary each week but will always include lots of unstructured free-play time
Admission Information & Process
As a cooperative community, we draw strength from both our diversity and our philosophical alignment. Our admissions process is designed to determine whether there is strong philosophical fit between prospective families and our community’s mission. Through phone conversations and Base Camp visits, program documents and relevant readings, we aim to provide prospective families with the information they need to commit with confidence. Families wishing to participate should understand and accept the responsibilities of membership, as discussed throughout this website and in our handbook.
Home Base budgets expenses closely and relies on all families to pay their tuition on time so we can meet our bills. Professional educators are hired to run this program and to work with families to support educational goals. Our tuition and payment schedule is outlined within the Enrollment Form/Commitment Letter, which families must complete and submit along with their deposit to hold their child’s spot in the program.
Amended application process due to Covid-19
- Contact us, providing some information about your child, your family, and your interest in the program(s). We will follow up to arrange an initial phone call with one of our founders.
- Digital or social distancing “tour” of our program. Depending on current State guidelines and regulations this may include any of the following:
- Live video tour of our facilities with one of our educators using FaceTime, Zoom, Google Duo, Skype, etc.
- Social distancing walkthrough of our spaces (TBD, no sooner than May 18th)
- Recorded videos provided to you of our current, distance-learning sessions over Zoom
- Video meet-and-greet with you and your child(ren) and our teaching staff.
To learn more, or to begin the application process, contact us.
Financial Aid Scholarships
The Scholarship program seeks to increase the number of children enjoying outdoor experiences at New England Base Camp programs by providing financial assistance to participate in our programs. To be eligible, a family must complete this application form, including details regarding family situation.
It is expected that the family will fund some portion of the child’s expense; the Spirit of Adventure Council will strive to subsidize the remainder. As a rule of thumb, the Council is willing to support funding based on need.
- All applications must be received four weeks prior to the program – but the earlier the better and families will have a greater chance of larger disbursements the earlier they apply.
- All funds will be awarded based on need and available funds. All applications will be considered on a first come first served basis.
Visit the scholarship webpage to begin the application process.